Introducing the best free and premium catalog plug-ins with which you can organize a list of company employees, places, events and much more.
GeoDirectory is a popular WordPress plugin that comes in a free basic version with many extra paid add-ons. The free version is suitable for a simple geographical catalog within the boundaries of one zone. While some premium add-ins are needed when using multiple geographic areas and for extending functionality.
The plugin includes scaling, up to a million lines in the directory.
Features of GeoDirectory:
- Forms for locations, including the ability to add custom user fields.
- Integration with Google Maps.
- User reviews.
- Search and filtering options.
And although the plugin can integrate with most WordPress themes, you can find both free and bonus themes designed specifically for GeoDirectory.
If you need additional functionality, you can refer to premium add-ons with more useful features. Additions cost from $ 19 to $ 39 each. They will provide:
- Several geographical areas.
- Prices and payments to accept payments for sponsorship listings, etc.
- More detailed user reviews.
- Advanced search filters.
- Integration of BuddyPress for deeper profiles and social functionality.
- A “cluster marker” for Google maps to avoid confusion.
- A social importer for importing lists from Facebook or Yelp.
Price: free or paid add-ons. You can become a member of the club to gain access to all add-ons and topics. Membership starts at $ 99 for 4 months of updates and support, or $ 199 for the year of updates and support.
Business Directory Plugin is another popular free WordPress plugin that will help you create your own Yellow Pages.
In general, you will see a lot in common between GeoDirectory. But they differ in the list of free / paid functions, which can make one of them more useful.
As with GeoDirectory, the free version makes a good directory option for one geographic region.
- Setting the form field in its formats.
- Allows the external interface to be loaded.
- Ability to edit lists via external interface.
- Enables quick search and filtering options.
Payment functionality in the free version:
- Accepting payments through Authorize.net or PayPal.
- Payments for additional functionality, such as more images, fixed lists, etc.
- Setting up recurring payments.
And throughadditions you can get new functions, such as:
- Reviews and ratings.
- Integration with Google Maps.
- Filtering directories based on location (good if you have a directory that serves multiple geographic areas).
- Additional payment gateways.
You can find some premium themes for the Business Directory plugin, although the plugin works with any theme.
Price: free or paid add-ons. For individual extensions, the Business Directory plug-in is slightly more expensive than GeoDirectory, and costs $ 69.99 for each extension. You can get premium add-ins for one year for $ 199.99 for one site, whereas GeoDirectory can be used on an unlimited number of sites.
The best plugins by categories in the section WordPress Plugins.
Sabai Directory is the most popular WordPress plugin for directories on the CodeCanyon resource. Although this means that the plug-in is a premium class, it is still more affordable than the previous two options.
For many years he managed to maintain a rating of 4.53 stars on more than 8,000 sales, which is quite impressive.
Sabai Directory is included in our list, because it is popular and is still being updated. But … The developer recently released a new plug-in based on user-defined record types (the next plug-in). And recommends to the new users to select the Directories Pro plug-in, so we’ll take a closer look at it below
The price: $ 29.
Directories Pro – the latest plugin of the catalog from the same developer as the Sabai Directory. It is built on custom types of records and taxonomies, which makes it more flexible.
With its help you can:
- Create custom forms with more than 30 different custom fields for selection.
- Control the appearance of the list using the drag-and-drop editor interface.
- Accept paid listings through the integration of WooCommerce.
- Show lists in full-screen mode.
- Users can manage lists via an external interface.
- User reviews, including support for several types of review.
- The automatic search function so that users can easily find lists that interest them.
Price: $ 39 from the developer and on CodeCanyon.
Free and premium plug-ins here .
With a 4.9-star rating on WordPress.org, Connections Business Directory is another quality option that you can use to create a business directory on WordPress.
The plugin will not be interesting for creating directories like Yellow Pages, but its functions will help to list people, including options for birthdays, family members, etc.
It is less focused on the sale of lists and their monetization – so this is not a very good option for this use. But if you want to create something like directories of staff members or a simple set of business lists, this is a good option.
In the free version you can:
- Choose one of several types of records, including individuals, organizations and family.
- Add custom fields to collect additional information.
- Control which records are public or private.
There are alsofor the addition of such functions:
- Import lists from CSV.
- E-mail Encryption ROT13.
- Custom order categories.
- Allows the user to add or edit his entry in the directory using administrative moderation or without it.
- And others.
Price: free of charge or fee for each extension and for a different number of sites.
It should not be confused with Director ies Pro. The Directory Pro plug-in is another popular option available on CodeCanyon. It has a rating of 4.43 stars for more than 800 sales.
Like most other plugins, it will help to create functionality to find services, travel routes and much more.
The uniqueness of the plugin is how it monetizes your catalog. You can charge a fee for:
- Adding the list.
- The approval of the listing.
- View the list.
- The VIP icon.
- Reservation of the meeting.
Also included here is the betting function, which allows listing owners to bid for a sponsorship position in the search.
- Integration with Google Maps.
- Tags for the lists.
- Direct messages to list owners.
- Custom fields.
- User Ratings.
- Special offers / coupons for specific ads.
The price of : $ 35.
And two bonus plug-ins:
– 4.46 rating stars for more than 8 thousand sales. Price: $ 35.
– free plug-in works great as a location management system.
Which plugin of the WordPress directory should be used
If you want to create a physical catalog of enterprises, we recommend:
- Business Directory Plugin.
The CodeCanyon variants have something unique. But the popularity and extensibility of these two plug-ins is much higher. They will give you more flexibility and control in the future.
If you want to create a people directory – for example, an employee directory or a customer directory – be sure to check out Connections Business Directory, since that’s what it’s focused on.
Based on materials: wplift.com